Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”
Lamentations 3:22-24 (NKJV)

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Empty Nest--Never!

Eleven more days and life will be very different. My little girl, the only child of my loins, is going off to college. Wasn't it just a night or two ago that I sat rocking her to sleep in my arms? Wait, sweetie! It's not time yet! There is so much more I want to teach you! I forgot to impress this upon you . . . and this . . . and this . . . .

And I hear God whisper: Stop. Now it's time for Me to take over where you've left off. You've done your best. I will fill in the gaps. Take a breath. You'll make it through. Remember when you reached 45 years old, two miscarriages behind you, and no baby in sight? You trusted Me through the loss of two who had barely begun to take hold in the womb, with My constant reminder that eons of women had brought children into this world, just by a touch of My hand. You believed with all your heart that if I chose to give you your own, it would certainly come to pass. You rested in that. Now carry that same trust into this new phase of life. I'm faithful!

So I slow my pounding heart and I wait to see the Creator of all, the One who brought my precious daughter into existence, begin to make wonderful things of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment